For some people 11.11.11 is just another normal day but for many other, 11.11.11 is different.. maybe special in some kind of way?
We made some research and came up with 11 interesting facts about this day and this number:
- 11.11.11 happens to be a once in a lifetime numerical date. This is because it comes around every 100 years.
- Today, 11.11.11 marks the 93rd Anniversary of Veteran’s Day, which is the last day of World War 1.
- On the last 11.11.11 (i.e. exactly 100 years ago), the U.S experienced some dramatic weather changes. Record-high and Record-Low temperatures were broken on the same day. They named it the Great Blue Norther.
- For all those who are into fabrics, today is the Corduroy Appreciated Day. Since there’s an extra 11 after November 11th, corduroy lovers will be celebrating big this year.
- For all those who are into movies, Ben Hur, Titanic and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, are the only ones who won 11 Academy Awards.
- A lot of people from around the world see this day as a day of luck so they set this day as their wedding date.
- This year, 11.11.11 came on a Friday. To take advantage of this special day, a lot of people started their weekend by taking a trip, with the Top Destinations being the Grand Canyon, Paris, New York City and Niagara Falls.
- Get your calculators out, multiply 111111 by 111111 and it will result in an interesting figure of 12345654321.
- 11 is the first number which cannot be represented by a human, counting with his/her 8 fingers and 2 thumbs.
- This number is also associated with a winning number in several games of chance, especially in BlackJack.
- On this day, someone’s gonna win $1100 from playing with CyberBingo! Join the fun this evening at 11PM ET in our Autumn Bingo Room and play our Special Veteran’s Day Guaranteed $1100/$1100/$1100. Enjoy!
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.