Unless you have been asleep for the past 20 years, you will have noticed the relentless trend of online gaming, more specifically online bingo promotion. However the problem that arises when a product or industry takes off is that others want to replicate it and this results in huge competition and ultimately customer confusion. If you think about purchasing decision that goes hand in hand with buying a mobile phone you need to decide on networks, handsets, promotions and contracts etc. This is exactly what has happened to the online bingo industry as more and more companies are fighting it out to try and get you, the consumer to sign up with them. This article has been written to hopefully eliminate some of the stress and confusion that comes with selecting and signing up to play online bingo.
- First things first, you must choose a site. There are invariably hundreds of different sites to choose from. The best advice really must be to choose the site that offers you the most appropriate online bingo promotion to you i.e. do you want a new TV or do you want to win a cruise? There are indeed specialist websites such as http://www.whichbingo.com/ which clarify this to you and highlight their best online bingo site of the month, give site reviews and even rate sites based on their geographic location. Therefore to save time and confusion this is a great place to start.
- Create an account with your chosen site. Select the join now/ register button and enter your personal details such as name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth etc. Companies are obliged by law to protect your personal information therefore you do not need to worry about data protection. They may however use this information for future marketing campaigns.
- A download of software maybe required to be able to view the online gaming site. Just select the download button to do this. This will not harm your computer and there should be nothing else to do as the company will have automatically programmed the software to install completely after the selection of the download button.
- Next you will need to make deposit (providing this has not been given to you as a condition of signing up). The deposit will be kept in your own personal online bingo account.
- The next step is to decide which bingo room you want to enter. There are many variations including the traditional 30, 75, 80 and 90 ball bingo rooms.
- You need to select to buy as many tickets as you would like. This is what the online cash deposit is for so as long as you have enough money in your account you are able to do this.
You are now ready to play. Good luck, although online bingo promotion is competitive, remember that it is also a bit of fun and with the increasing use of chat rooms, you may even meet some likeminded people along the way!
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.