Everyone knows that Christmas is round the corner with only 9 days left! So I can bet that you have almost finished your preparations and decorations for this special day! Today I am going to point out some facts about Christmas.. 🙂
Did you know that?
- The first Christmas pudding was made as a kind of thick soup with raisins and wine in it.
- The birthday of Christ was not celebrated on the 25th December before the year AD 440.
- The first Queen’s speech that was televised was in 1957.
- Thomas Smith imported some French novelties but these weren’t succesful until he wrapped them up and added a snapper and formed the Christmas Crackers.
- A Christmas card was first designed in 1843. 1000 copies were sold in London.
- The popular Christmas Song “Jingle Bells” was originally composed for ThanksGiving and not for Christmas way back in 1857.
I didn’t point out who introduced the first Christmas Tree in England, and I did it on purpose :). Make sure you e-mail your answer to email@example.com and get your chance to win €10 at CyberBingo.
Enjoy you weekend buddies 🙂
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.